Monday 7 November 2016

The A to Z of Me

As my blog is still fairly new, I thought it might be nice to introduce myself properly. So I’ve put together an A to Z poem all about me.

I’m going to start this poem with a fear,
So aeroplane has to be my A.
I really don’t like flying
But I do love my holidays.

B is for my love of movies,
I would call myself a film buff.
Comedy, drama, thriller, romance,
I just can’t watch enough.

C is for Cadbury’s chocolate,
It really is divine.
My biggest weakness comes, though
During Cadbury’s Crème Egg time.

Speaking of obsessions,
D has to be for Dune shoes.
I particularly like my stilettoes;
Pink, brown, silver, grey and blue.

E is for efficiency,
Or ‘control freak’ as it’s sometimes called.
And F is for my family,
I love them so much, one and all.

G is for stinky garlic
That’s used so much in cooking.
I wish that I did like it
But I find it quite disgusting.

H is for a special man,
My husband, my true love.
He’s so supportive of all I do,
Though he loses me when I write a book.

I is for Italian food
My favourite cuisine in the land.
Spaghetti Bolognaise is my weakness
(the garlic bread for my husband).

June is my birth month for J.
I wish spring could last all year long.
K is for karaoke,
How I do love a good old sing-song.

L is for my friends
Who live such a long distance away.
I love you all very much
And I miss you every day.

Musicals is my letter M.
Singing and dancing and magic.
I enjoy going to the West End
And I used to do amateur dramatics.

N is for my love of the night;
A night owl is definitely me.
I’m totally useless in the morning,
Although better after my cup of tea.

O is for the Oscars.
The Academy Awards are my dream.
I have this secret longing
To see my winning script on the screen.

There’s no question about my P:
Pink is my favourite colour.
Whereas Q is for the word quiet;
I can’t stand it I’m more of a talker.

R has to be for romance,
I have such a soppy side.
S is for my cat Sparkle,
The cuddliest thing in my life.

T is for my two books written.
I really couldn’t be prouder.
U is for my utopia:
Florence, my husband, Prosecco and pasta.

V is for Back to the Future
And my vast knowledge of the trilogy.
I must have seen it all thousands of times.
One is my favourite, then two, then three.

W has to be for words
And how much I love to write.
X is how excitable I am
(it’s the best I could do, all right!)

Y is reserved for yuletide,
My second favourite time of the year.
I love the festive season,
It really does bring good cheer.

Finally we have Z.
Zones 1 – 6 it stands for.
London is my favourite place,
I’m a city girl, that’s for sure.

That was twenty-six things about me,
A little bit of insight.
I hope you enjoyed my poem,
It certainly was fun to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment